I am so glad Tim got to get out of town and get his head ready for these upcoming months. We had a great day today as well.
We started off the day at Barnes and Noble. I wanted to get Tim a journal to have for whatever he wanted to record. I don't know how many of you out there know, buy my husbands writes beautiful poetry. He has written me a couple, however, come to think of it they were all while we were dating. I guess that age old saying of "Why buy the cow..." does have some truth to it after all. I will definitely post all of the funny stories he writes -- I am certain there will be several.
After that, we went to Firebirds for lunch. Their Blue Cheeseburger is to-die-for and Tim can't have any soft cheeses once he starts chemo. His diet will basically be a pregnancy diet on crack. He won't be able to eat anything that hasn't been pasteurized, cooked, or pretty much touched by human hands.
We then saw, The Edge of Darkness with Mel Gibson. It was pretty jumpy, but good.
Tomorrow starts the first day of the rest of our lives. I guess, in that sense, it really isn't any different than any other Monday, although this one will end with me posting pictures of the port in Tim's chest to the blog.
Stay tuned....
Much Love,
Annie
P.S. -- I have changed the settings so you can now post comments even if you aren't a follower or don't have a gmail address.
I wanted to share some in depth info regarding the bone marrow sample procedure that occurred last Tuesday. I think it is important that everyone know a bit more about this just in case you ever hear it again (and hopefully not pertaining to yourself). The procedure was done at the clininc at UAB and was said to be painful but brief. I would say that is coorect for the most part, but they left out "the most painful procedure you have had" part of the discussion. After almost passing out, throwing-up, sweating all over in the matter of 2 seconds or so once the pain became significant, the nurse says "are you in pain, we need to stop because we haven't begun and that is not normal". What a relief, more pain on the way and a mistake in the search for marrow. What a lucky man I must be afterall. No charge for the extra if you were wondering. Finally they got in the right position and obtained a couple of marrow vials and bone sliver. I will simply describe the pain as "having my testicles removed through my anus under a heavy vacuum". If additional information is needed, please feel free to contact me directly. Stay tuned, it's gonna get interesting..
ReplyDeleteTim Self
In regard to the hunting trip, I did enjoy myself and it was no doubt the most productive trip I have had. Overall it was awesome, getting to see old friends, be in the woods, kill 2 good deer in quick fashion both times out, and just being in the woods enjoying a change of pace. The only thing missing was Annie and the little man, but we are working on that for future trips. Thanks to my hosts Luke and Larrah and I am already looking forward to the next opportunity. We have some work to do in the meantime, but it doesn't hurt to look forward. Later-
ReplyDeleteTS
Tim- I am happy to hear your sense of humor in all of this. We are thinking of you everyday and am so proud to be your friend. You are so strong! Your deer are nice and it sounds like you had a great time. You needed that. Good luck this week. We are thinking of you! Ashley
ReplyDeleteTimbo, congrats on the two bucks. I can't say that I have ever shot two bucks in a weekend hunting trip. Wish that I could have been there hunting with you and sitting around a fire telling old childhood stories. As soon as you get past all this treatment it will be time to get out on the water and we need to plan a trip for the group of us to head out to the island and hang out for a weekend since it has been a while. Our lives just don't slow down for us to catch up on these activities, especially with young kids in the mix. Good luck this week and look forward to talking more. Later - Clint
ReplyDelete