Sunday, May 16, 2010

8 Down, 4 To Go!!!











I have been having several complaints that I am not updating as often I should be. I realize it has been quite a while since my last blog, but things have been quite busy lately. I will try to do better. For all you complainers out there, feel free to come mow my lawn, clean my house and do my laundry. I will be happy to update the blog while you are doing chores. :)

We took Leyton for his first trip to the beach a couple of weeks ago. While he did LOVE the pool, the same can not be said for the sand. It took all week for him to not scream when he stepped foot on it. Thankfully, Nana was there so I could still get some mommy time in the sun. We did end up getting some good pictures though.

Not much has changed on the cancer home front. We are still actively working on the stomach pain Tim endures on daily basis. We are hoping this week that cramming him full of probiotics might help in some way. Only time will tell.

The hair on his head is still hanging on (barely), but body hair, eye brows, and eye lashes are pretty much gone. You can tell he has lost some weight as well. That can also be attributed to the fact that we have been eating much healthier. I have lost a few pounds as well!

His appointment for round 9 will be an important one. He will have another PET and CT scan the day before and we will meet with Dr. Foran on May 26th to hear if four more rounds will be enough or if eight will be the magic number. Please say and extra prayer that Tim will only have four more. It is really starting to take a toll on him and I know he is really ready for this to all be over. Just thinking about treatment now will make him nauseous and push him to the point of wanting to throw up. Not my idea of a good time.

He has a trick for keeping the puking at bay during treatment. He chews several pieces of really strong mint gum to keep the tastes out of his mouth. He says now the smell of saline makes him want to vomit. Like I said, hopefully only four more to go!!!

Hope all you readers out there are doing well. Leave us a comment and let us know what you are up to!

Much Love,

Annie

4 comments:

  1. Those pictures are absolutely amazing of Leyton on the beach. They seriously look like a professional took them. I love his sweet sailor outfit! I would totally mow your lawn for you if I was close by. Hoping everything is over with very, very soon. Much love to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim without body hair, now that is hilarious!! I hate we missed you guys at the beach, we arrived the day you left. I'm keepin gmy fingers crossed for only 4 more; I know you are both ready to get some sort of normalcy back. I have total faith Tim will kick this and please know we are here if you need us. Granted I'm not sure you need an extra 4 screaming kids running around your house! Give me a call if you ever have any free :) time and Leyton can run around in the sprinklers with the kids. Thanks for taking the time to update the blog! Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie. I am praying for you and your husband. But I also know that hearing that doesn't necessary make you feel better sometimes... I cannot help but think that you and my sister were just goofy kids hanging around our house what seems like not very long ago. Now, God has taken you both on really a terrible journey but you have both grown into such strong women.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pics of the beach, Annie! Reminds me that I've been meaning to send you an old pic of you and Tim on Eric's boat from forever ago when we were all still in P'cola. Little Leyton is such a cutie. Glad to hear you all had a good visit to the coast. Take care and we're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete