I friend of mine at work sent this to me and I thought it was worth sharing.
What Cancer Cannot Do.
Cancer is so limited. . .
It cannot cripple Love.
It cannot shatter Hope.
It cannot corrode Faith.
It cannot destroy Peace.
It cannot kill Friendship.
It cannot suppress Memories.
It cannot silence Courage.
It cannot invade the Soul.
It cannot steal eternal Life.
It cannot conquer the Spirit.
Tim has his schedule for the start of next week and I think it is fair to say it is time for him to get his game face on!
Monday -
Having the port put in his chest at Shelby Baptist.
Tuesday -
9:15 (my dad didn't appreciate my sperm comments from yesterday) So we will call this appointment "Fertility Preservation"
11:00 Pulmonary Function Test
12:00 EKG
2:00 PET scan
4:00 CT scan
Wednesday -
9:20 Lab
10:20 Meet with Dr. Foran (I am assuming to discuss the results from the tests)
12:00 Chemo
I talked to my oldest brother, Jason, today about out our experience at the Kirklin Clinic. I will equate it to an out of body experience. The whole time we were there I kept wondering if every time someone looked at me they were wondering if I was the one with cancer because that was exactly what I found myself doing. A husband and wife were in the waiting room with us and I kept thinking, "I wonder which one of them it is? What kind?" Weird I know, but you really can't help it. I was telling Jason that no one looked really sick. I didn't see anyone without hair. We were, by far, the youngest people there but it wasn't too bad. I wonder if as you are sitting there getting your chemo if it is PC to ask, "What are you in for?" Might break the ice a little!
Jason had an interesting theory and we got a laugh out of it. He said he bets they schedule the rookies to come in on certain days. Like on Tuesdays, our first day, they don't let the really sick ones in so as not to spook the "newbies." I'll let you know as we get deeper in.
Please feel free to leave questions in the comments section. If you have one I am sure others do to.
Much Love,
Annie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love the blog. Great idea.
ReplyDeleteI think it's perfectly natural to discuss your issues with others going through the same process. You will probably meet some amazing people, much like yourselves, and get some unique support along the way.
Best of luck and we'll be keeping tabs!
Shane & Barbie
Why are you having the port put in at Shelby??
ReplyDeleteWe are using the same surgeon that did the original lymph node removal and biopsy. We were already familar with him and their outpatient surgery center.
ReplyDeleteThat's great! Glad it will be a familiar face. Hope Tim is having a relaxing weekend before the big week ahead.
ReplyDelete