Wednesday, February 17, 2010

2 down - 10 to go



Above is a picture Tim texted me during his treatment today.

Tim was at up and at it early this morning. His Aunt Jane and Uncle Paul were the Designated Drivers today. It was nice to know he was in good hands since I couldn't be there.

He had to be at the Kirklin Clinic at 7:00am for Lab work and then it was on to Chemo. The nurse was having trouble getting blood return from his port. She ended up having to flush it for clogs which is evidently a common occurrence. After that, he was good to go. Even with the hour set back, he was still out of there by lunch time. This round was definitely faster than the last!

He isn't feeling too hot tonight, but seems to be really excited about the Olympics. I can't tell if this is a side effect or what?!? He hasn't seemed too care much about the Olympics any other day, but oh well, I will stand by my man. If the "Flying Tomato" is what Tim wants, then the "Flying Tomato" is what Tim will get -- even if I have to throw one across the living room myself!

He has begun a new work routine. He is taking a sick day every other Wednesday for treatments, then he will work from home on the following Thursday. His bosses have been really understanding and supportive through this entire process. That has been such blessing. It would be such much harder for him if that wasn't the case.

One thing is for certain, we have been eating really well. We have had several friends bring us dinner or cook for us. My Aunt Carol came by on Sunday and stocked the deep freeze with casseroles. I fixed one tonight. You can't go wrong with chicken, potato, and cheese - Yummy! A special THANK YOU to everyone for your generosity. It means a great deal to us!

Say a little prayer tonight that Tim sleeps well and doesn't feel to bad.

Much Love,

Annie

2 comments:

  1. So glad Tim's work is so supportive. I know that helps. Saying an extra prayer for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talked to Tim this morning and he was positive and strong as always. Proud of you Tim and blessed to have you for my brother. I hate being so far away for all of this and really appreciate this blog so THANK YOU Annie! Praying for you all and hope to see you sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete