Monday, February 22, 2010

A Good Weekend

When I came to work one day last week, I had a sticky note a friend put on my computer that said, “Just take it one gigantic, earth-shattering crisis at a time.” That is all we can do, I suppose, and that is exactly what we will do!

What a beautiful weekend! We had some great weather. It was nice to put on flip flops again and sit outside in the sunshine. Tim didn’t feel like doing too much, but we did do a couple things outside. Mostly, we just sat back and watched Leyton. I am sure it is simply because we are his parents, but it is hard for us to watch him without laughing. His personality comes out more and more each day. He has the sweetest disposition and of course, is a genius in our eyes.

Saturday night we had some friends, Terry and Michelle Mozena, come by and bring us dinner. We had a great time sharing some laughs over food and wine. After they left, Tim and I both looked at each other and said, “that was really fun.” It wasn’t anything out the ordinary, but, I don’t know, we both just thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I guess when you are going through an ordeal like this; it truly becomes the little things that make your day. Thanks Mozenas for the great time!

We had decided last year that we would plant a “Recession Garden” in our back yard. Yesterday, we planted our seeds in germinating pots. We have a spot on the far side of the house that is pretty much empty space – the prime spot for some veggies. As it turns out, this was a wonderful idea for many reasons. Tim is supposed to eat organic fruits and veggies while on chemo. What’s better than home grown? It will also give us something to do at home since we are supposed to stay out of public places. I am also excited to see what Leyton thinks. He loves being outside so much!

Tim’s hair is still hanging on… barely. If you run your fingers through it, some will cut loose. We are guessing they will all be gone by the end of the week. As always, stay tuned for pictures.

Much Love,

Annie

3 comments:

  1. Annie, you are doing such a great job on this blog. I know many, like myself, tune in to see what's going on in the Self house. Thanks for the continuous updates and photos. Enjoyed my visit, too. Can't wait to see yall again.
    Love,
    The Dukes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne and Tim, Your Mom sent us the blog site Anne and we are glad to be able to know how Tim is doing. We are praying for you Tim and a quick and successful recovery. Also have our Bible Study class praying. Thought you might enjoy this quote, "Shall I tell you what supported me through all these years of exile, among a people whose language I could not understand and whose attitude toward me was always uncertain and often hostile? It was this: "Lo, I am with you always even unto the end of the world." David Livingstone
    We love you and God loves you.
    David and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim,
    Good luck tomorrow. Hope it is uneventful and you can mark one more of these Wednesdays off the calendar. One step closer to July!!

    Hang in there. We're pulling for you every step of the way.

    Love,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete