Yesterday was a good day.
Leyton's school closed early due to the snow, and I, in turn had to leave work early to go pick him up. I was so excited to see his reaction when he saw the snow. He NEVER sleeps at school yet, on the snow day, of all days, he was sound asleep when I arrived to pick him up. He was so asleep, in fact, that he never woke up even when I picked him up, put him the car, or took him out to put him in his bed. He proceeded to sleep for another two and a half hours. He woke up just in time for his daddy to get home and for us to play in the snow as a family. I can hear all you "yankee" followers now, looking at the pictures of our "snow," and rolling your eyes and sighing. Our snowmen down here may have just as much grass in them as they do snow, but it is a snowman none the less! Don't worry, I'll roll my eyes at you when it gets to be 85 degrees where you are and you talk about it feeling like a sauna! : )
As best I can tell, Tim is feeling a little better. I have been kind of sad today with the realization that his "better" is going to be short lived. I hate this cycle that we have begun, knowing that Wednesday he will start to feel bad all over again. Tim has a really good outlook, though. He refers to any new hiccup as "progress" - like it is somehow one step closer to being done. I admire is strength more than I will ever be able to convey to him.
It feels like Tim has aged 40 years in the last two weeks. Not in the sense that you should be worried, but more in the humorous capacity. Our pantry is now jamb packed with Metamucil, Colace, and the new-found obsession with making sure Tim does not "get behind" (these were the doctor's words not mine). Evidently this might be the reason his stomach has been such a bother. I debated on whether or not to put that on the blog, but this is a part of our life. Good or bad, most people don't (and hopefully never will) know what this process is like and how it affects even the small things we all take for granted. I guess I better add prunes to the grocery list!
I had forgotten that tomorrow is Valentine's Day. We have never really gotten into holidays. I always say that if he doesn't love me every other day of the year, that one day is not going to make up for it. Thankfully, that has never been the case. Tim has always done the little things that make me feel special. Like one time, when I came home from work, he had a bubble bath run for me, a People magazine, and vase full of flowers. I loved it! I laughed later when I found out that he bought the flowers at Bruno's -- you bought them by the stem. He picked out the craziest arrangement. Who would have ever thought to put Birds of Paradise and Star Gazer lillies in the same bouquet? I think each stem was $5.00. We could have made a car note payment with that arrangement! Valentine's Day is usually just a day to splurge and buy a cookie cake from the Great American Cookie Company. We both love them. Tim wanted to have one for our wedding cake. Needless to say, I didn't let that happen!
Any way you choose to show it, let your someone special know how much they mean to you tomorrow, and all the days after that.
Babe, you are my everything. My world began the day you entered it. I love you!
Much Love,
Annie
Annie & Tim, This is Lynette across the street. Hope you don't mind, but Mari filled me in on what you all have been facing and gave me the info for your blog. You are in our thoughts and prayers. We will also put you on our church and Sunday school prayer list. The power of prayer can bring amazing things! Please let us know if we can help in any way. If you need help with Leyton, or just simple things around the house. God bless, Lynette
ReplyDeleteLynette,
ReplyDeleteI had been meaning to fill you in, but it is hard to just walk up to someone and say "Tim has cancer." I am glad you found the blog. Thanks for your support.
Annie
I love the snow pics of your little "monkey"!!! Looks like y'all had a great time!! As always your posts brought a tear to my eye!! The two of you have a relationship that people dream about!! See you in the am!!
ReplyDeleteEveryday is Valentine's Day when you find the love of your life. I am happy you have! The snow pictures are too cute to comment. May your sadness melt away as quickly as Alabama snow and may your love continue to bloom forever.
ReplyDeleteTim,hope the day went well and that you are home making funny faces for Layton to copy. Have a restful evening.