Monday, February 1, 2010

Port Day

Oh how I wish "Port day" could mean I had found a really nice bottle of Port and wanted to share it with you. Sadly, it means that Tim had the port put into his chest today. It has to stay covered up until tomorrow, so you will have to wait until then for pictures.

Once again, a surgery on Tim was screwed up. This time they went all the way through the vein they were using for his IV. His arm filled up with fluid and was three times its normal size. He lost feeling for a few hours, but it has since returned.

As far as surgery goes, Tim is 0 for 3. During the Lymph Node biopsy, the doc clipped a nerve and he has and will have pain in his chest for about nine months. During the bone marrow biopsy, the doc strayed outside of the numb area which put Tim in excruciating pain. Now this.... I told him it was good thing I wasn't there this morning or I would have thrown down with the nurse. "Nobody puts Baby in the corner!"

On a different note, I heard a song on the radio this afternoon and one line really stood out to me. It is a Daughtry song. I think the whole song is about a break up (ignore that part), but that one line pretty much sums up our lives together...

"All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you."

With that I bid you goodnight.

Much Love,

Annie

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Tim.
    Sounds like a rough go so far.

    Hopefully you made it through you 9:15 appointment without any unwelcome surprises.

    Thanks, Annie, for keeping up with this. It's a really good read!
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow. We're here for you if you need us.

    ReplyDelete